Northampton Township Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you’ve been charged with a crime in Northampton Township, don’t hesitate to contact a Bucks County criminal defense lawyer. It’s important to remember and exercise the right to consult with a lawyer before you answer any questions. Even if you don’t know what you’ve done wrong or don’t even think you’ve broken any laws, law enforcement can use your statements to build a case against you.
You might not be sure what kind of legal consequence you will be facing. Are you going to have to pay fines? Will you serve jail time? How can this affect your career? Is it going to damage your personal relationships? Attorney Michael H. Fienman can help you answer these questions and more. Call Fienman Defense at (215) 345-4284 to speak with a staff member and set up a free consultation. Start to build your case and start the fight for your rights.
Juvenile Crimes in Northampton
The juvenile court system in Pennsylvania can be merciless, damaging the lives of the youths charged as well as those of their families. If your son or daughter has been charged with a crime, you’ll want to turn to a strong legal representative that may be able to reduce the charges and possibly wipe them clean. There are a number of juvenile crimes that we can handle at Fienman Defense, including:
Fake ID: In Pennsylvania, it’s illegal to tell someone you’re over 21 so that they’ll buy you alcohol, to use a fake ID to try to purchase alcohol or even carry a fake ID. Identification with false information about your birth date, age or name counts, even if there is no photo.
- Underage Drinking: If you’re under 21, it’s illegal to attempt to purchase alcohol, to consume alcohol, to possess alcohol or even to transport alcohol.
- Drug Offenses: In Pennsylvania, if you are caught illegally possessing or selling marijuana, OxyContin, Adderall, anabolic steroids, cocaine or some other drug, you could face juvenile detention, probation, fines, house arrest, curfew or other penalties.
DUI Charges in Northampton
In Pennsylvania, DUI charges are split into three tiers that correspond to your blood alcohol content (BAC) at the time of your arrest. Generally, the punishments are higher based on what tier you are measured at, based on the results of a chemical test. The penalties also increase depending on how many DUIs you’ve been convicted of within the last 10 years.
- If your BAC was between .08-.099: The first offense is penalized by up to six months probation and a $300 fine, and the fourth offense is worth up to six months in jail and a fine up to $5,000.
- If your BAC was between .10-.159: The first offense is punishable by up to six months in jail and up to $5,000 in fines. The fourth offense could be five years in jail and $10,000 in fines.
- If your BAC was .16 or higher: The first offense is punishable by up to six months in jail and up to $5,000 in fines. The fourth offense could be five years in jail and $10,000 in fines.
Marijuana Violations in Northampton
Unlike many states, Pennsylvania hasn’t given support to the use if marijuana. While the state senate has approved its use for compassionate medical situations, the bill hasn’t made it through the house yet. While marijuana possession and use may seem relatively harmless, there are a number of marijuana charge you could be arrested for, including:
- Possession of marijuana
- Cultivation of marijuana
- Distribution of marijuana
- Marijuana trafficking
- Use or possession of drug paraphernalia
Representation from a Northampton Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you’re ever arrested in Northampton, make sure to speak with a Bucks County criminal defense lawyer before answering any questions. Start building your case today and call Fienman Defense to see how an attorney can help you today. If you live in Bucks County but are facing charges in another surrounding county, don’t hesitate to call Fienman Defense. Our four offices also service Delaware County, Philadelphia and Montgomery County.