Montgomery County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Home » Montgomery County Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with a crime – or you believe that law enforcement is investigating you for one – you are likely very worried about what will happen to you. Many of our clients have never had to deal with the Pennsylvania criminal system before, and it can be a confusing and stressful process. This is why an experienced Montgomery County criminal defense lawyer can help. Your defense attorney can help you:
- Navigate the court appearances and paperwork involved with your defense – and in some instances, appear on your behalf
- Review the Commonwealth’s evidence against you and fight evidence that was improperly obtained or handled
- Negotiate on your behalf for a reduction or dismissal of charges
- Represent your interests and defend you to the best possible outcome if your case moves to trial
- File for an expungement or sealing of your criminal record if you are eligible
Having a skilled and dedicated criminal attorney is invaluable. In some cases, it can mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. We handle traffic cases with the same seriousness and dedication as a complex criminal case.
Fienman Defense is here to help you with your Montgomery County criminal defense needs. We have worked in these courts for years and can negotiate an optimal outcome for your situation. We are diligent in our work and have had great success for our clients. Plus, unlike many other area firms, you will always speak directly to your lawyer about your case if you have a question.
Call us today for a free consultation with Montgomery County criminal defense lawyer Michael Fienman at .
Who We Help
You may have been arrested or pulled over in one of the following areas in Montco:
- Bryn Athyn
- East Norriton
- King of Prussia
- Lower Frederick
- Lower Gwynedd
- Lower Merion
- Lower Moreland
- Lower Makeland
- Lower Pottsgrove
- Lower Providence
- Lower Salford
- New Hanover
- North Wales
- Upper Dublin
- Upper Gwynedd
- Upper Merion
- Upper Moreland
- Upper Perk District
- Upper Pottsgrove
- Upper Providence
- West Conshohocken
- West Norriton
- West Pottsgrove
If you are a resident of Montco but you have been charged in another county, please contact us. We also serve Delaware County, Philadelphia County, and Bucks County.
Montgomery County Criminal Defense Practice Areas
Throughout Montgomery County, Fienman Defense represents people on every type of criminal charge. We offer dedicated, aggressive criminal defense to ensure the best possible outcome for your specific case. Every criminal case is unique, and we treat it as such.
Our practice areas include:
- Assault, Battery, and Domestic Violence – These types of offenses may involve misunderstanding and emotional distress. We are here to help you through the complex legal process so you can move on with your life.
- Drug Charges and Marijuana Crimes – Pennsylvania’s drug laws are complex and may also involve federal criminal charges. Even simple possession of a controlled substance is a serious crime. We are experienced at handling drug cases as well as search and seizure violations.
- DUI Charges – A Montgomery County DUI charge can leave you with a permanent criminal record, expensive fines, and even jail time if convicted. We can advocate on your behalf for a reduction of charges, and in some instances, we can achieve a full dismissal of your case.
- Violent Crimes – Charges of this nature are extremely complex and may involve physical evidence, video and other types of technological evidence, and much more. We are here to defend you for murder, manslaughter, robbery, and burglary charges and obtain the best outcome for your case.
- Firearms and Weapons Charges – Many firearms charges can be fought, but involve a careful review of the evidence and strong negotiation. Protect your Second Amendment rights and your record.
- Sex Crimes – If convicted, you face life-altering consequences like having to register as a sex offender, difficulty getting a job or maintaining employment, and distrust in your community. Our experience can help you avoid the worst penalties you face.
- Crimes Against the Public and Peace – These charges include everything from disorderly conduct to resisting arrest, and can leave you with a tarnished reputation in your community and a criminal record.
- Arson and Property Crimes – While trespassing and vandalism may seem like minor charges, the Commonwealth views these harshly. You face thousands of dollars in fines if convicted.
- Fraud Charges – A fraud conviction on your record may make finding a job, renting an apartment, or passing a background check difficult and in some instances, nearly impossible. Let us help you fight these charges so you can protect your future.
- Kidnapping and Family Crimes – Like domestic violence, charges like kidnapping, stalking, and custodial interference may be complicated and emotional. Many times there may be a difference of opinion between you and another individual about what happened. We can ensure that your side of the situation is presented and fought for.
- Theft Charges – A theft conviction can change your life, and it comes with many negative repercussions. Let us help you review the evidence against you and fight for these charges to be reduced or dropped.
- Juvenile Crimes – Many youth make mistakes or get caught up in a situation that is damaging, but it doesn’t mean that it has to involve juvenile detention or worse consequences. We help young people who have been charged as juveniles or as adults move on from their mistakes.
If you have a question and you need an immediate answer, please contact our Montco office at for a free consultation with Montgomery County criminal defense attorney Michael Fienman today. We are available 24/7.
Montgomery County Traffic Violations & Traffic Defense
Every day, people are cited for traffic violations in Montgomery County and many decide to take what they think is the easy route by paying the ticket. Unfortunately, paying a traffic ticket has some consequences:
- Paying a ticket essentially means that you are pleading guilty for committing the traffic violation that the police say you committed.
- You face an increase in auto insurance premiums, which makes paying a ticket much more expensive over the long haul. Even a relatively minor infraction like a speeding ticket can cause an 11-12 percent increase in your premiums.
- You will receive demerit points on your driver’s license. When you have six or more points in Pennsylvania, your insurance company is directly notified by PennDOT and you will need to pass a written exam. If you accumulate 12 points on your license, you have to appear at a PennDOT hearing and you face a driver’s license suspension, making it difficult to get around or go to work.
A clean driving record is worth fighting for, and it’s best to hire an experienced Montgomery County traffic lawyer who is familiar with the courts, judges, and roads in your area. Many times it’s possible to get your traffic charges reduced or dismissed altogether.
If you are an out-of-state driver who had been passing through Montco, it’s even more important to hire an attorney who can represent you and ensure that a one-time mistake or misunderstanding doesn’t follow you home. The majority of states in the U.S. participate in reciprocity, which means that a traffic violation in another state will make its way onto your driving record at home.
Take the Next Step with a Free Consultation
Fienman Defense is a Philadelphia area criminal defense law firm. Attorney Michael Fienman has years of experience defending people in Montgomery County for traffic and criminal charges, and he has achieved optimal outcomes for his clients. Michael is dedicated to protecting his clients’ rights and fighting the Commonwealth’s evidence so you can move on with your life.
Questions? Contact Us Today.
If you have been charged with a criminal offense in the Philadelphia area, you need an attorney who thoroughly understands the way Pennsylvania’s criminal justice system works. Fienman Defense has successfully represented people in the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County. We have the skills to create the solid defense that, depending on the circumstances of your case, can get the charges against you lessened or even dismissed.
If you decide to meet with Michael in person, our offices are:
Fienman Defense LLC
5 Sentry Pkwy W Ste 2004
Blue Bell, PA 19422-2222
Local Phone: (610) 828-3338