Philadelphia Criminal Defense Attorney
Each day, Philadelphians are pulled over by the police, interrogated for their involvement in alleged crimes, or issued search warrants. We frequently see people who are charged with crimes due to misunderstanding or accusations. In other instances, our clients’ constitutional rights have been violated during law enforcement encounters. This is why having an experienced Philadelphia criminal defense attorney is key.
Why Hire a Private Philadelphia Criminal Defense Attorney?
The Philadelphia legal system is bloated by so many arrests and criminal charges. Public defenders are provided to those who cannot afford private defense, but that doesn’t always mean that they are the best option.
If you or someone you know is facing criminal charges or is being investigated for an alleged crime, having the best defense possible will make a difference in whether you face the maximum penalties for your charge or not. A public defender will ensure that your case is handled, but may not have the time to do as thorough a job in defending you because he or she is managing so many cases.
At Fienman Defense, we dedicate our time to working one-on-one with clients.
Here is how we handle our cases:
- When you call, you will speak directly to experienced Philadelphia criminal defense attorney Michael Fienman, who can provide answers to the questions you may have after listening to your perspective on what happened. He will make sure you’re aware of your legal options.
- If you decide to hire Fienman Defense, we begin by requesting police reports, any video footage or audio recordings of the alleged offense, identifying witnesses, and more.
- We then submit discovery requests to learn the Commonwealth’s evidence against you and file motion to suppress evidence. In many cases, evidence that was found in violation of your constitutional rights can be suppressed.
- Our defense hinges on a combination of legal knowledge, aggressive negotiation, and defense evidence. We will appear on your behalf where possible to negotiate and reduce your charges, and if that proves unsuccessful, we will prepare for trial to defend your rights and get you the justice you deserve.
Ready to take the first step towards protecting your future? Call today for a free legal consultation. We are available 24/7 at (215) 839-9529. Attorney Michael Fienman has years of experience defending people in Philadelphia for traffic and criminal charges, and he has achieved ideal outcomes for his clients. Michael is dedicated to protecting his clients’ rights and fighting the Commonwealth’s evidence so you can move on with your life.
Philadelphia Criminal Defense Practice Areas
You might be wondering what kinds of cases Fienman Defense handles. We have represented clients on all types of charges, ranging from domestic violence to drug charges to traffic violations.
- Arson & Property Crimes – Arson is described and defined under The Pennsylvania Criminal Code under Title 18, Chapter 33. If you are facing arson charges or another property crime, you will likely have a very determined prosecutor working hard to build a case against you. Don’t delay in contacting a Philadelphia criminal defense attorney to represent you in court.
- Assault, Battery, and Domestic Violence Charges – Assault cases can range from threatening to attack someone to injuring a spouse or family members. Assault cases draw penalties ranging from fines to prison time. Based on the evidence, Fienman Defense will try to show that you were acting in self-defense and that the charges should be dismissed.
- Drug Charges – If you’ve been charged with a drug-related crime like drug cultivation or drug possession, a conviction can negatively impact your life for years. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has mandatory minimum sentencing laws. Michael Fienman with Fienman Defense will carefully examine the alleged facts to first determine if there was probable cause to charge you.
- Fraud Charges – In Pennsylvania, fraud may be considered using a stolen checking account number to purchase items off of Amazon to submitting a false insurance claim. If can also mean stealing someone’s identity or committing an act of credit card fraud. As with most criminal charges, you should not talk to the police or prosecutors without your attorney by your side. What you say can be taken out of context and used against you. Contact a Philadelphia criminal defense attorney today for consult.
- Gun Charges & Firearms/Weapons Offenses – If you are charged with possessing a firearm or weapon, you will need to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney very quickly. A Philadelphia defense attorney with knowledge of the Commonwealth’s laws can help you achieve the best outcome for your situation.
- Kidnapping & Family Crimes – Charges like kidnapping, stalking, and custodial interference may be complicated and emotional. Many times there may be a difference of opinion between you and another individual about what happened. We can ensure that your side of the situation is presented in the right light.
- Marijuana Charges – Thousands of people are arrested in Philadelphia every year for marijuana possession. Some of them are charged with additional crimes, but many are arrested only for having small amounts of marijuana on their person. When you’re convicted of marijuana possession, it can have a serious long-term effect on your life.
- Disorderly Conduct & Crimes Against the Public – Crimes against the public can cover everything from public noise disturbances to getting into a fight outside of a bar or even giving the police a fake name when you are arrested. The charges vary but can include jail time and fines. An experienced Philadelphia defense attorney may be able to lessen the punishment.
- Sex Crimes – If you are investigated, arrested, charged, and tried for a sex crime in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, don’t delay in contacting a Philadelphia criminal defense attorney today. Those convicted face long prison terms and many are labeled sex offenders.
- SNAP Violations – Did you get a letter alleging SNAP violations or food stamp fraud? Are you under investigation for SNAP fraud? Call an experienced SNAP violation attorney from Fienman Defense today.
- Theft Charges – Theft is defined by the unlawfully taking property that belongs to another person with the intention of depriving them of their property. The grading of a theft charge is largely based on the value of what was taken.
- Murder & Manslaughter Charges – If you are charged with murder, you face Pennsylvania’s most severe punishment. Depending on the circumstances, those consequences could include the death penalty or life in prison. When you are up against a murder or manslaughter charge, even before your first hearing you will be facing a determined prosecutor. You will need to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately who will stand by you in this stressful time and provide a strong defense.
- Philadelphia DUI – If an officer sees you driving and suspects you are impaired, you will be pulled over and possibly given a field sobriety test or a chemical test. DUI charges can be handed for driving a car under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In Pennsylvania, a DUI can result in a 12-months driver’s license suspension.
- Traffic Infractions – Fienman Defense has experience defending clients against their traffic infractions. If you have been charged with reckless driving, driving with a suspended license, speeding, leaving the scene of an accident, or have been ticketed for a moving violation involving injury or even death, you will want to consult with a Philadelphia traffic attorney.
Don’t delay in protecting your rights and ensuring the best possible outcome for your legal situation. The sooner a Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer can hear your case, the sooner he can investigate the evidence against you and provide you with the best defense for the optimal outcome.
Questions? Contact Us Today.
If you have been charged with a criminal offense in the Philadelphia area, you need an attorney who thoroughly understands the way Pennsylvania’s criminal justice system works. Fienman Defense has successfully represented people in the Pennsylvania Court System. We have the skills to create the solid defense that, depending on the circumstances of your case, can get the charges against you lessened or even dismissed.