Being charged with a criminal offense can be one of the most terrifying situations you will ever face. If you or a family member has been questioned by the police or arrested, you are suddenly involved in a system that can be confusing and incomprehensible.
If you are arrested, you need to hire a defense attorney as soon as you can. But how will a lawyer help you?
How A Criminal Defense Attorney Can Help
- Your criminal defense attorney has not only graduated from law school and passed the Pennsylvania bar exam — they also have experience in the exact laws and procedures for the different offenses that come before the court. Lawyers are trained to find the aspects of your case and mitigating factors that can lessen penalties or even get your charges dismissed.
- They will know the judges, magistrates, prosecutors and others who work in the court system, that play a role in how your case turns out.
- They will know the evidence that is needed to prove your case. They will also know what evidence the prosecutor needs to prove your guilt. They will analyze every aspect of the evidence in your case to see what will help you.
- If your case goes to trial, your attorney will represent you by choosing the best possible witnesses and questioning them so they can prove your case. They will also cross-examine prosecution witnesses to poke holes in the prosecution’s case and create doubt.
- If a plea bargain is the best option for your situation, they will work with prosecutors to negotiate the best deal possible. Your attorney will help you assess your choices and make the best ones possible for your circumstances.
- Your attorney will explain everything clearly and keep you informed, so you understand what is going on at every stage.
- If necessary your attorney will find and hire investigators or experts who can help prove your case. If needed, they will have test results, such as DUI blood tests, re-analyzed at different labs.
- Being charged with a criminal offense is one of the most stressful events you can experience. Your attorney will be there for you. Whether they are meeting with you in their office, visiting you in jail or just being by your side in court, you will have the support of someone you can talk to and rely on.
Questions? Contact us today.
If you are charged with a criminal offense, you need an experienced attorney whose practice focuses on criminal defense. Fienman Defense provides honest communication and gives you the solid guidance you need to avoid severe penalties.